PseudoPatient® is a unique, personalized approach that optimizes patient safety and treatment outcomes, by minimizing the risk of side-effects during brain radiotherapy.
Our innovation allows for an integrated evaluation of all treatment processes via a patient-specific, anatomically-exact model of real patient’s head and brain tissue. By applying all processes on the exact anatomical replica, radiotherapy professionals are enabled to evaluate the whole treatment chain avoiding patient’s exposure to potential risks.
The critical demands in cranial radiotherapy applications (SRS/SRT) for accuracy and precision, are met for the first time by PseudoPatient®: a truly personalized and individualized pre-treatment verification service.
PseudoPatient® advanced technology is internationally patented, FDA 510(k) cleared, and ISO13485 certified.
The PseudoPatient® can accommodate any type(s) of detector or detectors the end-user would like, placed at any designated locations within the brain. This allows dosimetry tailored to the user’s needs and dosimeters availability. Placing detectors at designated locations also allows for dose measurements at the most dosimetrically demanding areas and clinical cases. In contrast, other commercially available solutions can accommodate inserts for dosimeters at limited pre-defined positions using selected dosimeters, without any room for customizability/flexibility.
Watch the video below to see how doctors apply personalized medicine in radiation oncology using the PseudoPatient®.
- Exact anatomical replica of real patient’s anatomy.
- Direct measurements on anatomic regions of high interest (PTV, OAR). Providing options as High spatial resolution (of ~1mm³) 3D relative dosimetry, Absolute 2D film dosimetry, Absolute point dose measurements.
- End-to-end evaluation of all treatment processes.
- Medical record evidence of true treatment results under realistic conditions.
Patient-specific pre-treatment verification of all radiotherapy processes.
Unique value-adds of PseudoPatient® are for:
Patients: Treatment checked, approved, improved or rejected prior to real implementation, potentially leading to better outcomes, lower side-effects, and higher quality of life.
Clinicians: Increased confidence in complex brain treatment delivery and total control of the process, Consultation tool for better doctor-patient communication.
Physicists: Minimization of uncertainties Individualized quality monitoring through real end-to-end pre-treatment testing.
Clinics: Faster adoption of latest techniques, (such as SRS), leading to higher patient throughput, as well as data on individual treatment accuracy Opportunity for data-driven continuous improvement. Stronger Brand name through unique individualized patient service aiming to address the specific individualized needs towards safety and efficacy.
PseudoPatient vs. other solutions
- The PseudoPatient® phantom is an exact anatomic replica of the real patient. It is NOT an approximation, human-looking android.
- Availability of the real patient’s CT scan allows for more realistic contouring of organs-at-risk and target locations involved in intracranial SRS (e.g., brainstem, optic chiasm, etc.)
- The PseudoPatient® phantom can be filled with polymer gel covering the total brain-tissue volume, enabling high-fidelity 3D dose measurements (resolution of approximately 1mm3). This is very important for multiple metastasis SRS QA where a large number of targets might be spread all around the brain. Moreover, RTsafe assists in the implementation of the 3D dosimetry project and provides the results in a comprehensive report. In contrast, other commercially available solutions can accommodate an insert for 3D gel dosimetry which covers only a small volume at the central brain. Moreover, the user is responsible for purchasing or making the gel and implementation of the 3D gel dosimetry is entirely his own responsibility.
- RTsafe Film Dosimetry Lab can assist or remotely perform the 2D dose measurements with the PseudoPatient® phantom with film insert. Calibrated films and scanner are available in case the user has not set up a film dosimetry protocol. Results are provided in a comprehensive report.
Enhancing patient safety in brain radiotherapy with RTsafe: Patient & Radiation Oncologist Interview
RTsafe PseudoPatient®: How it works
For any additional information required, please fill out the form and an RTsafe representative will respond to your request.